Wednesday 23 December 2015

Almost the end of this difficult year we've been given!

Well 2015 has been the gift that has continued to give throughout. We've had some of the higher highs and most definitely the lower lows. But we have to approach its end with rejoicing and celebration. It wasn't as we chose it's events but we reap its benefits.

I've written much about my disease and healing - long may the healing continue! I still feel unwell; not unlike how I felt physically twelve months ago. However I am filled with the spirit of recovery easing many of the psychological difficulties I have experienced. It's going to be another journey! Anyone who knows me well knows how much I dislike any form of travel (apart from being behind a Pannier Tank or Stanier Black Five!) But in 2016 we step forward into a new chapter. Again I will compose my ideas about the future - well actually it's in God's hands!

I've survived!! Unfortunately not little Munchie. He had a great innings and was a sprightly little old chap; even in his last weeks. However he'f lost his physical strength and was blighted with being unable to eat. He lies now with his brother who passed a few years ago. Gone - but certainly not forgotten. They loved the garden and will now appreciate the changed seasons from within. Kym is particularly devastated and needs all our love.


I want to thank all our friends and family for helping us through these difficult times.Keeping mentally well in addition to the physical side is crucial to good quality of life. No doubt we'll need you next year!

One aspect of my being able to sustain good levels of well-being therefore enabling recovery is music. Particular thanks go to the guys and gals who have joined in / tolerated the rough strumming and gruff voices. Music is not only the food of love but of health too.

I knocked up this little video in recognition of you all. It's abit rough but offers promise of better (or worse) things in 2016. Credit to Nick Lowe and Ry Cooder who's song it is. You can hear it properly on Nicks album "Quality Street" or there are several good live versions out there on the old Internet. It's called "A dollar short of happy". I've never bothered too much about money - I've been wealthy in love not money! My health is too precious to get concerned with cash. God will provide what I need - I only fritter and spend on the wrong things - so I can't really be trusted!!



All that remains is to wish you all a happy Christmas and good New Year Celebration. I'm open for offers if anyone wishes to organise my retirement / birthday celebrations here in Luton - I'm left with no energy or imagination - I'm certainly glad I put the effort in when I was sixty. However after all the drugs I'm certain my liver wouldn't survive a bash like that - wow folks we burned our boats then!!!

Much love,

Roger and Kym xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment