Monday 16 July 2018

Let's start 2018 with a look back at the great times of the mid 1970s

Follow the link below for some great live music anarchistic inventions. Stiff was the label of the times. The Youtube video showcases some of the best of the times. These were mainly British acts. The cassette of Live Stiffs tour/album was constantly on my early TEAC tape deck. Graham Parker and the Rumour were blasting out of the old Sansui amp with Celestion County speakers. Unfortunately it was only a BSR record deck. I had to wait until 1985/6 to acquire a Sansui direct drive deck - it is still in use today! Some great Nick Lowe - over the titles too.

Stiffs at the Beeb.

Those who know me well are aware that I’m a closet model railway fan. I’ve even built (never completed) a couple of small layouts. Like all modellers I’ve always got a couple of layout ideas in the back of my mind. This year I hope to get one actually started. I’ve got myself a few 00 gauge kits and will start building in the next few weeks.

This brings me to the point (unusual) of writing this little paragraph. Whilst watching the Channel 4 short series The Biggest Model Railway - a daring project to build a model line across Scotland a familiar face - last seen by me in 1980 filled the screen. I said to Kym “I know that bloke - it’s Charlie Fox-Wilson ex PGL. He was the lead singer and tea chest bass player of Smiler Sams Tetanus Stompers.” A little detective work the next day and yes - It’s Charlie!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/worlds-longest-model-railway-showed-train-enthusiasts-dont-mind/


Reg Meuross - a commentary on our society devoid of justice and compassion


My little video of my version of Rick Nelson's "Legacy" - initially recorded on my iPad in Garageband and then edited and mixed in GarageBand on my Mac. The video was actually made in REAPER - a first for me. I think I made hard work of it all because I could have done all the desk stuff in REAPER. The iPad has a convenience factor


Following that is a song I wrote earlier this year - during Lent - to reflect some of my concerns about poverty in the UK. I'm sure that I'll need to re-visit this as Universal Credit continues to be rolled out across the country - including Luton. >  /i-close-my-eyes-and-pray-test: foodbank song

England lads did us pretty proud - and football went to another home (we're used to that!) But it wasn't as dreary and dismal as in previous campaigns and we can justify some proper pride. Let's look forward to better things ahead.

Now the hot news is ---  this will be the last blog in this style. I'm just dusting out my old drafts box and sending  this to you.

I plan to do something more regular over the coming months -which may be more personal / hard-hitting / who knows?

Great news is that I have a grandchild Indigo Harry. Mother Anna, Father Mike and of course little Indy are doing very well.

With love to you all,

Roger and Kym



No comments:

Post a Comment